SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Surgical Center of San Diego is a multi-specialty surgery center located in Sorrento Valley, just 20 minutes north of San Diego. We have 5 operating rooms. Our teammates are among the best in the industry in terms of experience and professionalism. We work toward efficiency in our fast paced center but never at the expense of patient safety. We live by our SCA values and they drive everything we do. We are 100% committed to the values of Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
We are currently recruiting for Full-Time, or Per-diem Surgical Technicians at our facility. Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
· Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians’ preference cards
· Inspects equipment for proper working condition
· Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
· Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
· Arranges instruments according to given procedure
· Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
· Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
· Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons’ preference cards
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
· High school diploma or GED certification
· Completion of surgical scrub technician course
· Operating room experience
· Strong ethical and moral character references
· Two years previous operating room experience
· ASC experience
· ORT certification
Please click HERE to apply.