As General Managers, an SCA Center CEO (Facility Administrator) is ultimately responsible for the results of their center's business and operations, including, but not limited to the following.
Drive excellent clinical quality
- Effectively drives and sustains a zero patient harm culture
- Proactively collaborates with physicians to meet patient needs and exceed patient expectations
- Effectively builds and manages a team of high-performing clinicians to deliver excellent patient care
- Leads and/or partners with Medical Executive Committee, Governing Body, and Board of Managers in developing clinical guidelines and implementing the center’s response to the changing healthcare needs of the community
Lead and develop teams
- Lives and instills in others the SCA Values of Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Leads, mentors, and develops a team of clinical and business professionals, focused on clinical quality outcomes, volume growth drivers, labor efficiencies, supply chain management, and revenue cycle optimization consistent with SCA’s mission, vision and values.
- Utilizes effective hiring and development processes combined with sound judgment and decision making to ensure a high performing team is in place.
- Provides teammates with the authority, accountability, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and successfully drive the center’s performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication style that will develop confidence in the team they lead and keep the attention of the broader organization and ensure that clear expectations are communicated.
- Creates a vision, momentum, and process that that leads others to embrace change.
- Drives organizational capability by building a highly committed and capable management team at center
- Assesses, attracts, retains and develops internal personnel to meet performance expectations and future infrastructure expansion needs
- Emotional maturity and ability to create change in an environment where the structure may evolve rapidly
- Role models the SCA values and fosters a fair, open, and collaborative environment
- Serves as on-site personnel director and ensures fair and prompt resolution of teammate complaints, grievances and operating problems.
Drive top-line growth & cultivate strong physician relationships
- Owns and is accountable for organic top-line growth via increased volume, strategic service line growth, new physician recruitment, and increasing volume from existing physicians
- Designs and executes physician recruitment and marketing programs designed to drive case volume growth via partnerships with physicians, medical groups, health system partners, local employers and third-party payers
- Initiates, develops and maintains strong physician relationships to support top-line growth, governance, board/partnership interests, and trust/confidence in SCA as a preferred partner and management company
- Recommends, develops and executes short- and long-term strategic plans that drive best in class clinical, financial, and operational results
- Partners with Regional Lead and other SCA leaders to design and implement various growth initiatives and operational effectiveness opportunities
Lead operational excellence
- Responsible for the center’s P&L, including managing financial controls and reporting
- Implements and maintains annual strategic business plans that best serves the partnership and the local market dynamics
- Proactively collaborates with SCA corporate departments in order to identify and implement best practices related to clinical quality, volume growth, and operational excellence
- Safeguards the Center's assets and ensures that Center's building and/or tenant improvements and equipment are maintained in good working order and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Facility management, life safety codes and environment of care requirements and is proactive in managing the facility operations.
- Maintains center operations in compliance with regulatory requirements and accrediting body standards at all times.
- Ensures efficient business office operations. Provide support including (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as needed.