We currently have an exciting opportunity for Principal Architect – Applications & Data, responsible for working with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization’s Application & Data strategy, processes, and technology assets. This individual will utilize knowledge and experience to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to the IT strategy, and document this utilizing multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
- Develop, maintain, promote, and evangelize an enterprise view of the Application and Data architectural blueprint and roadmap, for the organization.
- Align the Information Technology (IT) strategy and solutions with the Company’s business objectives.
- Provide strategic consultation to assigned business customers in designing technology-based solutions, functions, and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying enabling technologies based on requirements
- Work closely with PMO, business users, and stakeholders across various projects to understand functional and technical aspects of projects, ensuring adherence to Enterprise Architecture principles
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Support development of business case and cost benefit analysis, while reducing project risk.
- Orchestrate, design, and architect solutions that leverage the existing investment made in current heterogeneous IT.
- Provide portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all initiatives.
- Present ideas with qualitative and quantitative findings
- Articulate technology solutions and analytical findings to Executive Management, Business leadership, software developers, and end users
- Establish standards and processes for projects to achieve quality and security requirements.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Influence and guide implementation best practices at the individual performer level, work through technology challenges faced by the team, and provide solutions
- Contribute to the growth and maturity of the IT department by providing mentorship, fostering development and knowledge transfer, and thought-leading by example
- Develop, manage, and publish Technical Reference Architectures.
- Monitor and manage Technical Debt within the environment.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the Application architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Additional duties as assigned.