Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Blue Ridge Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center. The center is a partnership between Surgical Care Affiliates and physicians. Blue Ridge Surgery Center and its team are committed to the highest level of patient care and satisfaction and to SCA’s values of Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
*Sign on Bonus*
Schedule: Monday-Friday, no weekends, no on-call
The PACU registered nurse position is responsible for providing care for patients having surgical procedures during the acute postoperative phase. In collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary care team, the registered nurse competently performs job responsibilities in accordance with the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies, as well as accrediting bodies. The registered nurse actively participates in outstanding customer service, high quality of care, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
• Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility’s policies & procedures.
• Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working relationships.
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, family members, physicians, and teammates.
• Performs activities and job duties under the direction of the PACU/Pre-Operative Clinical Manager.
• Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
• Responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
• Understands the high standards of the ASC.
• Promotes a safe environment.
• Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and teammates.
• Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
• Compliance with all facility policies and procedures.
• Current RN Licensure
• 1-2 years ASC or hospital experience
• Current CPR certification
• Current ACLS and PALS certification preferred, required within one year of hire
• Must be personable, friendly, and have positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular attendance