We are seeking an experienced Sterile Processing Lead/Supervisor who is a dependable, detail-oriented, skilled problem solver that has a collaborative, friendly working style.
The Sterile Processing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring high quality sterilization of instruments and equipment. The SPD Lead will work with the SPD team to ensure each teammate is competent to perform all duties in SPD- such as decontamination, correct tray assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating room. The candidate must have impeccable communication skills when working with OR Charge Nurse and OR teams. The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring.
- Maintains area/department in an orderly/organized fashion.
- Creates schedule for department to ensure coverage for each day
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated processors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function, interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and biological indicators related to instrument and equipment sterilization and low, intermediate, and high-level disinfection processes.
- Completes and verifies all documentation is accurate and up to date and in accordance with established standards.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing area/department.
- Perform weekly inventory of processing supplies and notifies appropriate personnel of order needs.
- Continues assigned daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly routines, including requirements with reports, logs and related documentation.
- Assists teammates with daily preparation for current and future facility schedules (pulling cases and assembling supplies) as assigned.
- Is available to assist all areas of facility as needed and assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility in assuming duties and responsibilities.
- Assists in room turnover when needed and as assigned.
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy and according to management guidance.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as instructed or trained.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room/procedure room for surgery/procedures as directed.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares rooms with supplies and equipment as assigned and directed by management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.